An independent Financial Planning & Investment Management firm focused on
Asset Management & Planning is dedicated to providing clients with investment strategies to help them reach their goals. Our philosophy is to provide thoughtful, viable alternatives so that clients can comfortably navigate financial issues in their lives. Strategies are customized. There is not a “one-size fits all” approach. We strive to maintain a high level of accessibility so that clients’ personal needs and goals are addressed on an ongoing, proactive basis.
Do you have a plan?
The financial planning process can be summed up very simply.
Each client’s path is unique, and thus the complexity and scope of each plan varies. When we begin a relationship with you at Asset Management & Planning, we want to get to know you personally and understand what is important to you.
At Asset Management & Planning, we take a comprehensive approach to the financial planning process. Though we focus on your investments, we also analyze the other pieces of your financial picture to ensure that all of them are working together toward your goals.
Analysis & Evaluation
Monitoring & Tracking
When we build portfolios we know that the return of your money is just as important as the return on your money. Our goal is to understand and invest in a manner that is appropriate for each client. How your portfolio performs in a down market is just as important as how it performs in an up market.
All Asset Management & Planning clients assets are held at TD Ameritrade Institutional. Additionally, we utilize Dimensional Funds, the leader in research and investing in asset class-based portfolio management. Dimensional Funds are available exclusively through a network of approved fee-only advisors and institutional money managers. They are not available through direct marketing or conventional broker/dealer firms. Dimensional Funds honor our commitment to maintaining low expenses which are shown to result in better investment returns.
Meet Our Team
Andrew Todd, CFP®
Andrew Todd, president of Asset Management & Planning, is a Certified Financial Planner® with a background in personal financial planning for individuals and their families. Mr. Todd has worked extensively in the areas of financial planning, asset management and daily money management. He specializes in providing individuals and their families with innovative and comprehensive financial solutions.
Born and raised in Columbia, Mr. Todd is a graduate of the University of South Carolina. He began his career with Horizon Investments, LLC in 2000 and went on to form Todd Financial Solutions in 2001. Todd Financial Solutions merged with Asset Management and Planning in 2010. An avid fisherman and photographer, Andrew lives in Forest Acres with his wife, Sarah, and two sons, Sam and Henry.
Larry Miller has more than 35 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is the founding partner and vice president of Asset Management & Planning. Prior to founding Asset Management & Planning, Larry was portfolio manager of Asset/Liability for Bankers Trust of South Carolina as well as senior vice president and head of institutional fixed income sales for Wachovia Bank in South Carolina. Larry holds a bachelor of science degree from the University of South Carolina.
Larry and his wife Ann reside in West Columbia, SC where he is an active member of the community. Larry serves as vice chairman of the West Columbia Planning Commission and chairman of the West Columbia Beautification Foundation.
Jennifer Kauffman joined Asset Management & Planning in January 2013 to open the office in Charlotte, NC. She brings more than eight years of experience in managing investments and client relationships to the team. She started her career with Morgan Stanley in Lancaster, PA, and moved to North Carolina in 2006 where she worked as an investment consultant for TD Ameritrade.
Born and Raised in Bedford County, PA, Mrs. Kauffman is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. She lives at Lake Norman with her husband, Fred and son Ethan and enjoys music, yoga, and being on the water.
Sally McFarland is the director of client operations at Asset Management & Planning. Born and raised in Lexington, SC, Sally currently lives in West Columbia, SC. She is a graduate of Columbia College and has a background in the insurance and mortgage industries. She enjoys painting, music, traveling, and sports.
Find your Risk Number
Capture your risk tolerance and see if your portfolio fits you.
News & More
Savoring a vintage wine is one of life’s great pleasures. But often overlooked in the joy of consumption is the carefully calibrated journey from grape to glass. Similar levels of care are critical to good investment outcomes. Wine Lover’s Guide to Investing
Equity markets have experienced a sharp decline to start 2016, leading some investors to reevaluate their asset allocation. As US stocks have outperformed developed ex US and emerging markets stocks over the last few years, some investors might consider reevaluating the benefits of investing outside the US. Why Should You Diversify
The New Year is a customary time to speculate. In a digital age, when past forecasts are available online, market and media professionals find it harder to hide their blushes when their financial predictions go awry. But there are ways around that. Ten Predictions to Count On
Happy to serve you:
Monday – Thursday
8 am – 5 pm
8 am – 1 pm
- Asset Management & Planning Firm Name (“AMP”) is a registered investment adviser with the SEC and its principal place of business in the State of South Carolina and its representatives comply with the current registration requirements imposed upon registered investment advisers by those states in which the Firm maintains clients. Firm may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. Registration as an investment adviser does not constitute an endorsement of the firm by securities regulators nor does it indicate that the adviser has attained a particular level of skill or ability.
- Information contained herein does not involve the rendering of personalized investment advice, but is limited to the dissemination of general information. You should consult a professional adviser before implementing any of the strategies or options presented.
- Please be aware that economic factors, market conditions, and investment strategies will affect the performance of any portfolio and there are no assurances that it will match or outperform any particular benchmark. Additionally, all investment strategies have the potential for profit or loss. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment will be either suitable or profitable for a client’s investment portfolio.
- The firm is not engaged in the practice of law or accounting. Firm does not provide tax or legal advice. You should contact your tax advisor and/or attorney before making any decisions with tax or legal implications. For additional information about Firm including fees and services, send for the Firm’s Disclosure Brochure using the contact information herein or click on the link provided. Please read the Disclosure Brochure carefully before you invest.
- At certain places on the AMP Internet site, live links to other Internet addresses can be accessed. Such external Internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of AMP. AMP does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external Internet addresses and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at such addresses. Use of information obtained from such addresses is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness. Reference therein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by tradename, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by AMP.